McEWAN features a team formed by lawyers and accountants that work in a coordinated manner. This not only allows us to provide a wide range of services to our clients, but also impacts on the quality of the advice —complete, integral, and accurate— that the companies or corporations receive.
The particular way in which we render our legal and tax services makes McEWAN a one-of-a-kind firm in the market.
We provide complete advise services for the registration of companies both in Argentina and abroad. In this field, the coordinated work of McEWAN’s expert members also allow our clients to have their companies duly incorporated and operative all at once, both from the legal and tax point of view.
In addition, we handle all regular and periodic corporate procedures and formalities requiring registration (appointment of authorities, assignment of quotas in limited liability companies, changes in corporate stock, corporate reorganizations –merger and spin-off, — winding-up, etc.)
- Registration of companies
- Incorporation of foreign companies in local jurisdictions
- Local and international corporate reorganizations
- Preparation of all types of investment agreements
- Integral advice on regular corporate proceedings
Mergers and acquisitions
We are experts in mergers and acquisitions and provide a special service for each type of industry. We focus on the goals set by our clients to provide dynamic and efficient solutions. This is also possible thanks to the coordinated work of lawyers and accountants, trained to handle all service areas.
- Legal and tax due diligence
- Advice for the drafting of all types of contracts for due diligence proceedings (shares purchase agreements, guaranty and escrow agreements, shareholders agreements, investment agreements, etc.)
- Advise on corporate reorganization proceedings
Tax and Legal Advice
Since tax laws have both legal and economic elements, we understand that the best approach is to combine the work of accountants and legal experts. McEWAN's lawyers and accountants, specialized in tax matters, provide top-tier advisory services to our clients thanks to the manner in which they work and complement each other, defining one of the qualities for which we are highly recognized in the market.
- Simple and complex tax-legal advice
- Preparation of binding consultations to be filed before Tax Authorities (AFIP)
- Assistance in international structuring processes
- Evaluation of particular situations for the application of double tax treaties to avoid or minimize double taxation
- Change of corporate domicile or registered corporate office
Our grounding of knowledge and expertise concerning international law and wealth structuring, together with a solid relationship network that includes law firms of different jurisdictions, support all planning actions designed and drafted by McEWAN’s expert team.
- Local and international tax planning
- Evaluation of investment structures for local and international investments
- Corporate reorganizations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Transfer Pricing
The multiple rules and complexities of local and international tax regimes include the compliance with transfer pricing regulations. In the market, there are few companies like McEWAN, with an expert team specialized in such complex tax matters. A correct planning calls for the opinion of experts. At McEWAN, our advisory work is not only limited to the organization of transactions with related companies, but also contributes to the preparation and due compliance with the relevant annual report.
- Advice on international transactions
- Preliminary analysis of methods and reasonability of company's transactions
- Preparation of transfer pricing reports
- Preparation of documents required by tax laws
We understand time is an extremely valuable asset for our clients. Therefore, at McEWAN we articulate customized mechanisms to attain a smooth flow of the information that the Firm requires to process and analyze. This optimizes the processes and allows the accurate analysis required by strategic decision-making when it comes to our clients’ tax compliance.
- Tax compliance tasks
- Preparation and filing of tax returns
- Compliance and/or review of tax withholding/collection regimes
- Review and assistance in the preparation of tax returns made by the families’ third-party advisors
- Handling of requirements and inspections initiated by tax authorities
Tax Litigation and Complex Proceedings
We focus on providing advisory and representation services in complex proceedings, mainly in those derived from our tax law practice, both before administrative authorities and tax courts. McEWAN´s litigation attorneys have successfully handled major tax-complex litigation proceedings of significant economic relevance, which, in many cases, became leading cases on different tax matters.
- Setting up of legal strategies on tax claims
- Defenses and administrative, jurisdictional, and judicial appeals in all instances at federal and provincial levels, both of simple and complex nature
- Assistance in tax criminal actions (McEWAN features no criminal lawyers among its members, but coordinates strategies with the criminal lawyers appointed by its client.)